Sickle Cell Anemia Community
Is anemia common among children as well?

WELCOME TO THE SICKLE CELL ANEMIA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors, Treatment, and Warning Signs relating to Sickle Cell Anemia.

Well good you asked that. I was just lecturing my nephew the importance of iron rich diet. Especially since he is a huge fan of Iron Man series. Anemia in children and teens can be the result of a series illness or disease, such as aplastic anemia. More commonly, however, anemia in children and teens is the result of too little iron in the diet, called iron deficiency anemia.
Children and teenagers need to ingest 8 to 10 mg per day of iron. Many, however, don't get this much iron in their daily diet. This is due to the prevalence of fast food in our society, and also the popularity of cow's milk, which does not have much iron in it. To know more about the causes, symptoms, cures and treatments of Anemia you might want to check out this site called *********** It has been around for some time and is a very credible site I must say. You can have my word for it as I regularly consult the doctors out there. Consider it as a second opinion and the rest is upto you.