Sickle Cell Anemia Community
My neighbor found that she had anemia. Can that be a life threatening s...

WELCOME TO THE SICKLE CELL ANEMIA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors, Treatment, and Warning Signs relating to Sickle Cell Anemia.

My neighbor found that she had anemia. Can that be a life threatening situation?

Recently my neighbor was admitted to the hospital for malaria. At the same time it was also found that she had anemia. Can that be a life threatening situation?
Anemia is a very common complication in malarial infection, in both cases i.e., acute and chronic malaria. On one hand the extreme acute malarial infection can produce life-threatening acute intravascular hemolysis with severe anemia and possibly renal failure. In other cases a chronically infected patient may have mild chills with mild to moderate anemia. In between lies all shades of anemia. To have a better understanding, I would suggest you visit *********** or any other website which has a stock of various illnesses. The reason I suggested ********* is because I myself take updates from there and they are pretty good. They also have specialists who offer e-consultation and the best part is you don’t have to take prior appointments at all. Isn’t that a great time-saver? But don’t just go by my word, check it out for yourself.