What causes Anemia?
What causes Anemia?
The types of Anemia are broadly classified into three types:
- blood loss
- decreased or faulty red blood cell production
- destruction of red blood cells
There are around 400 types of Anemia if you can believe it.
While many parts of the body help make red blood cells, most of the work is done in the bone marrow. Bone marrow is the soft tissue in the center of bones that helps form blood cells. On an average, healthy red blood cells last between 3 to 4 months. Loss in these healthy cells can cause Anemia. How does one know about it you may wonder… Most of the times you might not even realize you have such a condition. Watch out for alerts like chest pain, dizziness, fatigue, lack of energy, headaches, problems in concentrating, pale skin, and so on.. Best advice that I would give is to get a blood test done to confirm if you have it in the first place. Any unusual bleeding, you can consult a good doctor. There are plenty of specialists listed on the website of *********** from when you can seek e-consultation. Most of my friends and colleague refer it so I can assure you that it is a genuinely good site.