Sickle Cell Anemia Community
What exactly is the condition of Anemia?

WELCOME TO THE SICKLE CELL ANEMIA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors, Treatment, and Warning Signs relating to Sickle Cell Anemia.

The most common cause of anemia is not having enough iron. Your body needs iron to make hemoglobin. Hemoglobin is an iron-rich protein that gives the red color to blood. It carries oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body. Your iron might be too low because of heavy periods, pregnancy, ulcers, colon polyps, colon cancer, inherited disorders or a diet that does not have enough iron. You can also get anemia from not getting enough folic acid or vitamin B12.
Anemia can make you feel weak, cold, dizzy and irritable. It can be confirmed with a blood test. The causes can range from person to person. In many cases it can also be a hereditary condition. How do I know so much? Well I am studying medicine and that constantly involves me making research on tons and tons of things. Came across your query and thought of responding it. You might want to check out *********** from where I dig out all the study material. It is a reputed site with expert doctors on board.