Sickle Cell Anemia Community
sickling trait partners marrying

WELCOME TO THE SICKLE CELL ANEMIA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors, Treatment, and Warning Signs relating to Sickle Cell Anemia.

sickling trait partners marrying

Hello there my partner and I are trait carriers and when we informed my parents of our decision to marry they objected. I live in Ghana and I would like to know if anyone knows of any options for us. We have heard about bone marrow transplant and also PGD but every African health care professional says it's in its experimental stages.
I'm 24 and he is 30. We don't want to consider breaking up.  Please we need your advice and help.  Thank you
Its good that you informed your parents, putting the question out there but know that yoyr parents can not be allowed to influence your decision.....But i am unclear of what the question is. Can you specify
I wanted to know more about PGD and if any facilities in Africa to do it.