Methadone Detox
I have been on Methadone Matinence for about 3yrs and have gone down from 120mg to my current dose of 33mg. I have been tapering down for like 8months (the last 2mo VERY uncomfortably) and need to get to 30mg to detox with buphenorphone. I have used buph getting off heroin before and it worked very well. I know methadone is MUCH longer and more difficult a kick than heroin. I have had friends who didn't sleep throught the night for 6mo after getting off methadone. I have been clean over 2yrs and am VERY scared and anxious about the detox and the period after the buph is over. Anyone have any words of advice or been through this before? Also, I take phenergan and sublingual zofran for SEVERE nausea. ANY advice on how to combat nausea (esp nausea as a result of coming off opiates) would be greatly appreciated.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
georgie434 commented on photo
08/13
lostinAK joined this group
Welcome them!
02/13