Single, Childless Adult Opiate Addicts User Group
Methadone Detox
About This Group:

Anyone living alone that is struggling with addiction without the spouse to have to lie to or children to hide it from. Its a lonly world and add addiction and sometimes you wonder if its worth going on or if your single because of the addiction or if the addiction is because you are single. I have been on drugs so long I don't seem to know how to act or what to say when I am around other people. I know it is not supposed to be healthy to be alone all the time but I find myself avoiding people I feel so weird and shy with out my drugs to protect me. Some times I can't even watch T.V. because the shows seem about family or lovers and I don't fell like I fit in any where. i don't think I am GAY but I seem to have no interest in the opposite sex anymore either. I have just been through it all too many times before. All the people I know now seem to be related to the Drugs and I so sick of all that.

Founded by fogmussher on January 8, 2010
17 members

Methadone Detox

I have been on Methadone Matinence for about 3yrs and have gone down from 120mg to my current dose of 33mg. I have been tapering down for like 8months (the last 2mo VERY uncomfortably) and need to get to 30mg to detox with buphenorphone. I have used buph getting off heroin before and it worked very well. I know methadone is MUCH longer and more difficult a kick than heroin. I have had friends who didn't sleep throught the night for 6mo after getting off methadone. I have been clean over 2yrs and am VERY scared and anxious about the detox and the period after the buph is over. Anyone have any words of advice or been through this before? Also, I take phenergan and sublingual zofran for SEVERE nausea. ANY advice on how to combat nausea (esp nausea as a result of coming off opiates) would be greatly appreciated.
georgie434 commented on photo
08/13
lostinAK added the Thyroid Disorder Tracker
02/13
lostinAK joined this group
Welcome them!
02/13