Single, Childless Adult Opiate Addicts User Group
Tired and blue
About This Group:

Anyone living alone that is struggling with addiction without the spouse to have to lie to or children to hide it from. Its a lonly world and add addiction and sometimes you wonder if its worth going on or if your single because of the addiction or if the addiction is because you are single. I have been on drugs so long I don't seem to know how to act or what to say when I am around other people. I know it is not supposed to be healthy to be alone all the time but I find myself avoiding people I feel so weird and shy with out my drugs to protect me. Some times I can't even watch T.V. because the shows seem about family or lovers and I don't fell like I fit in any where. i don't think I am GAY but I seem to have no interest in the opposite sex anymore either. I have just been through it all too many times before. All the people I know now seem to be related to the Drugs and I so sick of all that.

Founded by fogmussher on January 8, 2010
17 members

Tired and blue

Still feel terrible. I guess I have to face i that I will never feel good again and the only thing that ever made me happy was opiates. Suboxone has kept me off everything but I still....after years of trying...havent found interest in life. Maybe too many years of being on drugs has changed the pathways in my brain to where I will never be happy again. I am self consious and depressed all the time and am sick of even talking about it. It seems like everyone finds all this new sobriety is so great. I had hope in the first few years and have stuck it out but now I wish I had just od and got it over with.
Recently saw a show on pbs about a group called "final Exit" and they assist you in suiside. I don't guess I would qualify but sure am thinking that the pain people are in emotionally should be considered.
When a person has been on opiate most of their life I don't see any way to feel ok in the world with out them. It is just steady misery.
I just wish there was a way to warn and explain to people just starting to "Use" that it may just ruin their lives forever. Years after quitting you are still miserable. The withdrawal is just the beginning. The depression lasts for the rest of your life. Or so it seems.
I appoligize for the negitivity. Just the way it is right now, and has been for quite some time.
georgie434 commented on photo
08/13
lostinAK added the Thyroid Disorder Tracker
02/13
lostinAK joined this group
Welcome them!
02/13