Single Parenting Community
9 year old mad all the time

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of raising children as a single parent.

9 year old mad all the time

my 9 year old daugther is quiet and abusive towards her sister, ex. yelling, not working for her and talking big.. me and her father seperated a couple months ago, he comes for visitations, and she loves her grandma alot, she wishes she could live with her. but when she leaves me for a couple hours shes crying for me and her sister, to come home or go get her. then shes good for a day or two, then the fighting and yelling starts all over again. is she being thrown around from parent to grandma or is she developing a disorder? i need an answer....... please help
i think it is normal . i have a 13 year old that has been "mad" since she was nine. i put her in conseling at 11 and it seems to help. at that age they do not know how to deal with their emotions, remember their brains are still growing. look into getting her into counseling, preferably with someone young, or even a mentor. Granparents are great, but sometimes they do not help the problems with all th spoiling and such.