Aa
A
A
Close
364382 tn?1300245899
I know you're out there!
This doesn't seem to be a very popular forum, but I know there are at least a few single parents out there...anyone have good suggestions for:
finding a sitter in a new town
dealing with the no-Daddy questions
dating as a single mom
???
Just curious...
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
419446 tn?1212545977
Hey there,

im sorry no one has posted for you :(. Im in the same sorta boat as you in a few ways....kinda..I have a boyfriend now, but hes not a live in or anything..also Im not in your state, but finding a sitter..newspaper, also local grocery stores have cork boards you can post on . No daddy, well mine is in my kids lifes two weekends a mth..thats all, no more , no less..so maybe I can help with that...and dating...well thats easy..Dating sites..they may have a lot to sort through, but II found my b/f on there....and although frustrating at times, it can also be a social outlet & alot of fun :)

Good luck !
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
173939 tn?1333221450
Nobody wants to deal with those "messed up" single parents, eh?...:)

I don`t have much input for you except: when looking for childcare in a new town, I would first decide if it should be close to home or close to work, then decide if fulltime, parttime, a real daycare center or home based licensed daycare or "just" a private babysitter. For the first two you can check via internet what`s available, for babysitters I would go with Ktz`s advice or ask at the local schools or pre-schools if they have lists of babysitters.

As for the no-Daddy issue - that really comes in so many different shades. Either the Dad is not in the picture at all, or a few days per month or more often and intensely involved in parenting decisions. The latter would be the greatest for the child but pretty rare. I would always keep the door open for a Dad to become or remain involved in his child`s life. Judging from my son`s reactions, he would have had it easier if he had had a chance to see his Dad once a week, it is barely twice a month. It is hard to say anything without knowing your situation.

And as for dating - I have no clue how this can work. If the biological Dad is in the picture, it doesn`t seem fair to the child having to deal with two very important male figures in their life of which one is not always available because he lives in a different home and the other not really available because he is busy with Mommy. My solution would be to date and start a relationship away from the child`s home. But then again I`m not doing this because I can not leave my child home alone....If you have a better idea on this, let me know :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
136956 tn?1425609872
Hey if you want to chat sometime I am here :)  

I am a single mother of a five year old girl who doesnt know her father.  It has been her and I the whole time.  I have no babysitters except my mother because its hard to trust people.  As for dating, i went on a date yesterday for the first time, wow that was different. I dont even know what to do.  

Anyways let me know if you want to chat :)

angela
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
i feel so bad for everyone id love to help everybody out im actually new today and knowing that being single having a kid with no dad ands its mostly woman here im thinking men need to keep their cocks inside instead of being disrespectful and being abusive verbaly physicly and mentaly i am 18 living with a single mother her and i are homeless staying at herfriends house anyone needs advice i have point of views and i feel i am good at problem solving or helping others i definately am on the womans side more considering the first time i got to see my dad who is actually a very nice person with a dirty habit and mind had introducing me to methamphetemines at the age of 16 so i am here for everyone thankyou for reading and dont be afraid to talk
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Single Parenting Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank