Single Parenting Community
I know you're out there!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of raising children as a single parent.

I know you're out there!

This doesn't seem to be a very popular forum, but I know there are at least a few single parents out there...anyone have good suggestions for:
finding a sitter in a new town
dealing with the no-Daddy questions
dating as a single mom
???
Just curious...
Hey there,

im sorry no one has posted for you :(. Im in the same sorta boat as you in a few ways....kinda..I have a boyfriend now, but hes not a live in or anything..also Im not in your state, but finding a sitter..newspaper, also local grocery stores have cork boards you can post on . No daddy, well mine is in my kids lifes two weekends a mth..thats all, no more , no less..so maybe I can help with that...and dating...well thats easy..Dating sites..they may have a lot to sort through, but II found my b/f on there....and although frustrating at times, it can also be a social outlet & alot of fun :)

Good luck !
Nobody wants to deal with those "messed up" single parents, eh?...:)

I don`t have much input for you except: when looking for childcare in a new town, I would first decide if it should be close to home or close to work, then decide if fulltime, parttime, a real daycare center or home based licensed daycare or "just" a private babysitter. For the first two you can check via internet what`s available, for babysitters I would go with Ktz`s advice or ask at the local schools or pre-schools if they have lists of babysitters.

As for the no-Daddy issue - that really comes in so many different shades. Either the Dad is not in the picture at all, or a few days per month or more often and intensely involved in parenting decisions. The latter would be the greatest for the child but pretty rare. I would always keep the door open for a Dad to become or remain involved in his child`s life. Judging from my son`s reactions, he would have had it easier if he had had a chance to see his Dad once a week, it is barely twice a month. It is hard to say anything without knowing your situation.

And as for dating - I have no clue how this can work. If the biological Dad is in the picture, it doesn`t seem fair to the child having to deal with two very important male figures in their life of which one is not always available because he lives in a different home and the other not really available because he is busy with Mommy. My solution would be to date and start a relationship away from the child`s home. But then again I`m not doing this because I can not leave my child home alone....If you have a better idea on this, let me know :)
Hey if you want to chat sometime I am here :)  

I am a single mother of a five year old girl who doesnt know her father.  It has been her and I the whole time.  I have no babysitters except my mother because its hard to trust people.  As for dating, i went on a date yesterday for the first time, wow that was different. I dont even know what to do.  

Anyways let me know if you want to chat :)

angela
i feel so bad for everyone id love to help everybody out im actually new today and knowing that being single having a kid with no dad ands its mostly woman here im thinking men need to keep their cocks inside instead of being disrespectful and being abusive verbaly physicly and mentaly i am 18 living with a single mother her and i are homeless staying at herfriends house anyone needs advice i have point of views and i feel i am good at problem solving or helping others i definately am on the womans side more considering the first time i got to see my dad who is actually a very nice person with a dirty habit and mind had introducing me to methamphetemines at the age of 16 so i am here for everyone thankyou for reading and dont be afraid to talk