how do you deal with this issue?
I did like to know views on how people deal with single parenting. Thanks
Well I was a single parent due to abuse by the father when my child was 5 weeks old.

The first 1yr was the most difficult as I was still stuck on how he could be such an idiot when he has a child to take care of.

He chose not to use his visitation rights at my parents house and my child is now 9 and has no idea who he is, although I do tell her the facts about him.

I never dated during the 7yrs of her life because I didnt want her just in case we didnt work out. It was lonely at first but then I really loved being alone and not having to answer to anyone.

I didnt have family help until she was 3 so it was strictly just her and I for 3yrs and that was hard. I had serious hormonal imbalances at the time as well as being depressed because the postpartum I had when she was born was never diagnosed and I was told I was fine, when clearly i wasnt because I wanted to throw my child out the window. During this three years I was angry and resented my daughter until I read the book Mother Shock. It helped me snap out of everything that I was feeling as well as going on the Continuous BCP for Endometriosis.

Money was tight all the time so I worked that much harder and pushed for raises that I knew I deserved.  I have doubled my salary in the 8 yrs with this company because I would push and push not for me but for my child.

I finally met someone 2yrs ago and we are getting married in a month. He loves my daughter and she loves him alot and we just work. I never thought that I would get married as I love being alone so much and that is all I knew but I am glad to start this next journey in our lives.

I am proud at how far I have come and I always feel better when people say things to me like 'I have no idea how you did it alone for so long, I couldnt imagine what that was like"

It made me stronger, harder and I feel I accomplished something huge and I thank my child for how she changed my life.

I am not sure what kid of answers you were looking for but that is mine :)