Single Parenting Community
problem with a 12 yr old girl

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of raising children as a single parent.

problem with a 12 yr old girl

my mother is looking after me and my two younger sisters since my step dad(dad of my two younger sister)passed away. My youngest sister is 12yrs old and she is acting so strange,very me and my mom and my sister,she always yell in replies whenever we say or ask her something. My mom isnt albe to control her. Sh'll slap or pinch her sisyer wehever she say something she dont like,she'll never respect any one of us. My mom dont know what to do with her so i'll have to yell at her or beat her wit a stick,my mom cant sleepwell these days she dont know what to do. Please help.
Did you say you will have to beat her with a stick?  That is not the greatest idea.  Is there any other help, such as a grandparent, aunt or other relative, who could help your mom out?
you know what she may have bipolar and adhd schitzophrenia(can go away after a while) my sister is the same way shes 16 but yet drives me and my mom friggan crazy all the time disrespecting ourthings doing stuff she isnt supposed to/disobeying it could be a serious mental illness>its not bad but its serious as in shes off the walls loving to drive others crazy but then gets along with others like nothings wrong my mom had lost her job working at the state of minnesota leading me into a drugging situation and my mom had to leave work several times to go deal with her and the boss said he had enough that my mom was going to have to take a leave that was our best income money and now were homeless staying at my moms friends house ask your mom if she could go be diagnosed or tested for things like that its hard to deal with if you wanna talk more about it message me back; she could also have anxiety describe more of her behavior my input would be try to ask her whats going on asker if she wants to go on a walk with you be as nice as you can and ask her simple questions so she doesnt know your digging more into her head an her life of her own or she could possibly have autism but its unnoticed
how long ago did her father pass? it could be her way of avoiding or going through the grieving process plus she is at the age of having changes in hormones. try to talk to her alone or get he someone she can talk to