Single Parenting Community
question about sperm life

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of raising children as a single parent.

question about sperm life

i have a question. say if my girlfriend and i were doing sexual acts,  and i had ejaculated, and some semen had gotten onto my hand, (the environment is dry, my hands are dry) and say i mightve possibly gotten some of it on my hand, and then i had used that for sex, could i get her pregnant? even if it wouldnt be that much, i wiped my hand off, and my hands were completely dry before i did that.
Hi, I hope you read this BEFORE your girlfriend gets pregnant and not after! It is true a girl can get pregnant by non-genital sex. I got pregnant with my daughter over 20 years ago because I was laying naked next to my then boyfriend also naked, on a very hot day. I was obviously mid-cycle and he was 'leaking' abit from being excited. We didn't actually do anything..just lay entwined....no one ever believes me but it is true. Sperm can live up to 72 hours in the right environment. (like a sweaty body and woman being ovulating produces sticky mucus from her vagina) It is unlikely that she would get pregnant from what you described but it can happen. It only takes one good swimmer to get pregnant!
Hope that helps.
and some doctors debate that sperm can live up to 9 days according to one medical journal written