Single Parenting Community
why

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of raising children as a single parent.

why

just curious as to why only 3 males are in this community
I am a woman but my guess is that not many men understand issues with their kids nor do they see issues. My ex would never come on a site like this. I gonna go with ego.
finally,  thank you
It would be nice if men would see issues in their kids. My ex everything is normal he never wants advise when you try to give advise its always Im not stupid I know or whatever its normal.
Before I get nasty comments I am not saying all men are like this. But you would think single men of all things would have many questions about their children and what to do
Promise no nasty comments, an for the record thats why I wAs looking in this community to start with, but i really wasnt sure it was gender freindly LOL just kidding
Well if I can help just let me know.
just found this community, am a single father of a 9 year old girl...can I join you guys...???
I am sure you have alot of questions with a 9 yr old girl.
Drifter0213 here male-single parent of two girls !
Hrt3105, it is probably because in so many cases the kids live with the mom and the dads only see their off-springs on the weekend or whatever the agreements are. Possibly many of them feel angry or left out or manipulated to begin with and may not even know where to start with questions other than worrying about their pay cheque. I have actually never met a single dad who is the prime caregiver to fully understand what fathers are going through as single parents. It would be interesting to know.

If this Single Parenting forum could turn into a great exchange of ideas of parenting, both seen from the male and female side, I would be more than happy.

I consider the parent who is the prime caregiver the "single parent" by the way, the one who is the breadwinner and takes care of the child most of the time and does the madness of the daycare rush twice a day and the doctors` visits, haircuts, birthday parties, homework guidance, sports activities, planning for the future and so on. Usually the other parent gets to pick the good days and does not endure as much madness but also not experience as much undivided joy. Are fathers - or mothers who only see their children occasionally considered single parents as well I wonder?

Man, this is one lame forum! There would be so much advice us single parents could share, so many road blocks we run into that others may have resolved in a way we would be happy to learn. Best advice: not to become a single parent to begin with. Take care, forum. Yawn!
I feel that there arent many because not only do many dads not care as much or are not as in touch with their children as mothers are. But beside that, as far as the single parents forum goes that is most likely because the majority of single parents are the mothers. I know that I have had trouble getting advice as a single father, especially since i am raising 3 children, one of which isnt mine biologically.
i love the fact there r fathers out there that want  to be with their children not cause the courts says r cause they feel they should have to because they pay child support r they feel obligated r they do it to get revenge on the mother
i have 2 brothers 1 raised 4 grls 2 his 2 not and the other brother raised 1 now they r helping with their grandkids they were both stay at home dads while their mothers were more then happy to work and get away from the kids
   the story with my child an father is different he is one whom only sees cause court and child support
  i guess what im saying is it doesnt matter if its a mother r a father regardless if u care about ur child u r a good parent most fathers have no choice but to see their kids but every wknd r however its done but im sure they would love to be there for there child everyday that doesnt mean they r not a single parent just cause they r not there 24/7
This site isn't just for women its just that more women look for answers on things as guys are more laid back and just go with the flow.  
Just another man costing threw reading now that I just recently joined this web page!
Hello samz :)  Welcome to the Forum :)
Thank you and this is a very addictive place to browse!
Im a single mum of a 4 yr old Id have to agree.. My ex having had 2 other children before my daughter both to other women, who subsequently left him for all the same reasons i chose to parent without him. Men dont see the issues women see nor do they want to know they think being a parent means letting a child do pretty much whatever they want and pretend its okay and not have to pull them into line. Its frustrating but its always nice to see one man in here who wants to interact with other parents.
Well excuse us who dont have a choice when it becomes a single parent.. If this forum was to boring why did you waste your time reading or let alone post something. You just want the attention and reaction from others and apparently you do not understand us!