Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
3-4 years of recurring sinus infections.....

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

i have been getting sinus infections non stop for 3-4 years.........i can't figure out why i get them....i've always had sinus problems......i don't smoke anymore....quit 2 1/2 years ago.....something is making me get them all the time and i can't figure out why..........i will eliminate everything i can to figure out what is causing this.........i already wash everything constantly and get new pillows like every month in a half.....only cost ten dollars.....so that's not bad......nobody in my household smokes and i'm not around it ever.....i don't drink and can't cause i have epilepsy........what should i start eliminating to see if  i can find out why i'm constantly sick............cause this SUX!!...I don't work and haven't for almost 8 years cause i was in an accident........i've had sinus surgery 4 times in my life..........i told my allergist i swear i'm allergic to something in my house..........he did allergist test and only allergic to dust mites a little and penicilium......nothing other than that..........PLEASE HELP
Dust mites seem to be your cause...however, sinus issues can also be hereditary.
I've been suffering my entire life, and have found that the only things that work ( albeit temporary ) are sinus rinses ( available almost everywhere,) and Claritin nose spray...which should only be used for 3 days at a time.

Good luck to all of us.
Repeated sinus "infections," are generally related to allergy and/or the structure of your nares. It is wise to first see an allergist, and if necessary will then refer you to a head/neck surgeon; going directly to an ENT is marginal, at best. Work with a compenent allergist.

Whatever you do, don't use nasal sprays other than normal saline. Steam is fine IF you clean out the vaporizer every day, per directions.

Secondly, to 'drain' the frontal sinuses, you have to know the structure of those 'cavitiies.' The outlet to the frontal (cheek) sinuses is at the inner top of each one (like both sides of your nose along your cheek bone - feel that area.
Then, place a bucket on the floor, and lay on your belly across a bed, hang your head over the edge, AFTER you have sprayed with normal saline (or used a RX a physician gave you), and/or steam close by and let those sinuses drain out  . . . you will need to be there at least 20 minutes.

Please be aware, this is not a medical website, but only one for sharing experiences, with input by medical professionals ad lib.

See a doctor, and soon!
Here is the best way to remove a chronic sinus infection

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/2322

The Flip-Turn Sinus Flush is mildly risky, because you have to bend over to do it, preferably in a shower, but you can also do it outside on soft ground, or you can kneel down and lean over a bathtub, or perhaps a plastic basin or tub, with the shower running for steam.

I would also recommend nettle leaf capsules, as the magnesium content reduces allergic reaction in about half of the people who take them, and there are zero side effects

Keep the garlic pod for five minutes in each nostril for five minutes and sneez out fully.  Do neti pot and sutra neti every day.  you can watch out on youtube.