Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
A little worried about bacterial infection

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

Hello - I'm a 29 years old. I have a 3 year old little girl. We put a 400 gallon pool up in our backyard last Thursday which took forever to fill, we were still filling it Friday morning. Friday morning around 11:15am my 3 year old daughter really wanted to go swimming (we hadn't cholorinated the pool yet) the water sat over night, but I continued filling it as we got in the pool. I did not go under the water (it was too shallow) and only came up to my thighs. My 3 year old was swimming like a fish having a blast. We were only out there for about an hour and a half - the sun was beating on us. Later that day I had a headache, and had to lay down. I figured it was from the sun. Since then, for the past 5 days, I have had a headache that comes and goes (goes away with hot shower), sinus drainage, on and off nausea, no vomiting, and have had a normal appetite, and a little more tired than usual. But have had no fever. At times I feel like if I can throw up I'd feel better, other times I feel fine. Today is Wednesday and I woke up this morning feeling a little nauseated and had a slight headache in the forehead with some sinus drainage. My 14 year old sister and my little girl came to me today saying they too had headaches in their foreheads, and a slight pain in the back of the neck. I have not been back in the pool since. My 14 year old sister went swimming Friday night (the same day I did) except we had chlorinated the pool with the recommended filter. Saturday my father-in-law came over, checked the levels of the water and they came back a little low so we shocked the pool and threw a chlorine tablet in. I'm wondering if we have some sort of bacterial infection from the pool water (brain eating amoeba came to mind) But also we have a 1 year old in nursery at a daycare that is constantly getting head colds and sicknesses. So I guess my question is, what is considered "stagnant" water and does this sound like something serious or something like sinusitis?