Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
Blurry right eye due to sinusitis?

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

Blurry right eye due to sinusitis?

I've had sinusitis for nearly three weeks, for about two weeks I had bad sinus pressure above my right eye that spread to a tenderness in my right eye socket and when it went I was left with a blurry right eye. I went to the doctor who referred me to the eye hospital but said  they said my eyes were fine as I could read the eye test board even though using my right eye to read it was harder. The doctor also put drops to make my pupils larger and looked behind my eye but said everything was fine. The doctor said my eye could be dry so I've been using drops for dry/tired eyes I bought at a chemist but doesn't seem to have done much. I don't wear glasses or contacts and my eyes are usually 20/20.

I still have a blocked nose and ears so I still think I have sinusitis, but my sinusitus has never affected my sight. I'm not sure what is wrong.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand you concern. But if the vision and the eye examination namely the fundoscopy are normal, then eye involvement may have been ruled out. But for the continuing sinusitis, you may need the appropriate antibiotics and anti inflammatory medications. And taking the antibiotics  for the required amount of days may help to clear the infections. If with the pain in the eye there is itchiness and watering. The eye symptoms can be due to an allergen. Allergens include pollen, mold, dust and pet dander. If there is worsening of pain or blurring of vision or if you develop additional symptoms like fever, please consult your doctor. In the meantime practice good breathing exercises, humidify your room and do steam inhalations to help with sinusitis.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thanks for the quick response, I've been taking decongestants and will be going back to the doctor to hopefully get some antibotics. I have no pain, itchiness or watering of the eye just blurry vision. The eye doctor said it might be dry eyes and I have been using Celluvisc eye drops that he recomended and going to see if those work. I'll try the steam inhalation and see if that works I hope this gets rid of my blurry vision.
Vision disturbances are common in spehnoid sinusitis (behind the eyes) due to all of the pressure. You definitely need to go back to the doctor and mention that. Also, an antibiotic should help clear it up if it is an infection. Keep us posted on what happens.