Cough and puke
I have had a cold for a week now. Runny nose of chorse but was stuffy first couple days.This non stop dry cough seems to not want to go away. It seems worse when I eat. Right after I eat it gets so bad I throw up all that I've eaten. It's like I can feel the food hanging up in my throat and chest. What is this and what should I take? Would really love to keep something down for once. Oh and Musinex DM makes it worse.

The 3 most common causes of cough lasting more than 3 weeks are: gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD), post-nasal drip from allergies, and asthma.

That said...and because of what you stated above, it sounds like GERD.
See your doctor. Vomiting and coughing together are bad...the vomit can get into your lungs causing serious infection.
I know you said it's only been a week, but it's still important to see a doctor...vomiting that much is very hard on the stomach/throat, etc.