Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
Do I have a sinus infection or not !

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

Do I have a sinus infection or not !

About a month ago, my doctor treated me for what she said was a severe sinus infection. I had a CT scan of the sinuses done and it was excellent.  However, when all of this started, I did not have severe pain but a lot of pressure in the face, head and neck.  I had a post nasal drip that was clear and sticky nothing indicating an infection. My question is, can one have a sinus as stated above? At the moment I am having the same symptoms. Can this "supposedly" sinus infection come back?  With the neck and head, my doctor said what I feel is "spasms". I do notice when I use the heating pad on the back of my neck it helps with that. I am simply trying to figure out what I might be dealing with. My doctor took all kinds of blood tests for everything and ----everything was normal. I am under a tremendous about of stress and am wondering if that is playing a role with the "spasms". Any clue, anyone?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? It is good that initial diagnostic tests were normal. Aside from deviated septum, sinus infection or  sinusitis could also be due to  conditions that can cause sinus blockage including the common cold, allergic rhinitis, or nasal polyps. If these triggers are not controlled, sinus infection may indeed recur. It is best that you discuss this with your attending physician fr proper management. The muscle spasm can indeed be easily managed with pain relief , rest and warm compress. Try  also to avoid staying in one position for a long time to prevent spasm. Take care and do keep us posted.