Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
Nasal/Sinus Surgery

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

Nasal/Sinus Surgery

I recently had nose/sinus surgery.  I have been use the neilmed rinses three times a day.  I think I am getting an infection.  My dr prescribed Gentamicin 160mg/1000ml in an irrigation.  The bottle says to irrigate each nostril with 10 millimeters twice daily.  THe pharmacy gave me a plastic syringe and said to squirt up each nostril twice a day.

Am I supposed to tilt head or leave looking straight down when I do this?  Should I be using a ball syyringe and squite all through passages and out opposite nostril?  If i use the squirt thing they give it basically goes in and right out the same nostril i just wanted to make sure I am doing this right???

Thanks!
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? There are many different ways to irrigate your nasal passages,  and some work better than others.  Using a netipot, it is recommended that you bend over a sink with your head face down and  Nasal Irrigating with a bulb syringe is carried out  with the same manner. Hope all is well. Take care and do keep us posted.