Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
Natural ways to cure a sinus infection?

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

Natural ways to cure a sinus infection?

I was just wondering if anyone has tried anything natrual to help cure a sinus infection?  I know about the neti pot and I think I am going to give it a try but I was wondering if there was anything else that others have tried that works?  I have had one for over a month now and I have been on antibiotics but I keep getting it back.  

Honestly I hate taking antibiotics so I wanted to try something natural that might actually work.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks....
I use sinucleanse...same thing as the neti pot. Helps tremendously.
A little shot of Claritin allergy spray works wonders too!
try adding 1 tsp sea salt and 1tsp baking soda and 3 drops tea tree oil to 1 cup warm water (distilled would be best) and use that in the neti pot.  I have used for two days and feel significantly better. no need for antibiotics this time!
I get frequent sinus infections and once a full blown infection has set in, I have not found an alternative to taking antibiotics. My goal is to follow a daily routine to help prevent infections. Fall and winter months are the worst for me, but have had flare ups year round.
I do use the Netipot sinus rinses daily and usually before bedtime. Buy the pre-mix packets. That rinse is soothing and cleans the nasal pasages and helps reduce congestion. I take one tablet of Loratadine 10 mg (generic for Claritin). That's an antihistamine and it does help control post nasal drip symtoms (symptoms).
My primary Dr. referred me to an ENT last June. He ordered sinus x-rays. When they came back normal, all he could tell me is to allergy proof my house - get a hepa filter, get rid of carpeting and not allow my cat in the bedroom (really the most difficult thing).I also have a referral to an allergist.
I have enlarged tonsils and I think that contributes to this chronic problem.
To make sinus infections less severe, stay hydrated. I drink extra water. Chicken soup and tea with lemon & honey helps. Inhale steam. Basic old home remedies help the symtoms (symptoms), but do not keep infections away.
Maybe a change in antibiotic will help? I used to take amoxicillin. Now, my Dr. prescribes Biaxin (comes in a generic). Good Luck!
I also had constant coughing and allergies. I began using the neti pot which gave temporary relief, so I continue to use it every evening. I also became a customer of Melaleuca and use their natural cleaning products (no ammonia, bleach, phosphates or caustic chemicals) and yes, their Melaleuca oil (tea tree oil) is amazing, even to use directly on throat pain or strep throat. Another post above uses the oil in the neti pot, which has helped me, too. Write to me if interested in learning more.
Thank you so much everyone for the great responses.  I am actually feeling better since the rain has stopped!!!  I still have some sinus congestion but everything is now finally clear so I am choking that up to allergies.  

I am going to follow some of the great advice I received from all of you and hopefully I will be back to 100% before you know it.

Thanks again.....
Try swimming not in a pool but in the ocean if you live close to the sea
You have got to wash your nose several times a day with warm salt water
to which you add a teaspoon of Betadine.

Betadine (and its generic equivalents) is an iodine-based antiseptic used primarily on superficial skin wounds, though some doctors recommend it to help kill off the pathogens that cause sinus infections. It's best to use only a small amount -- from a few drops to a teaspoon. I have used Betadine in warm salt water to wash my nose using a neti pot several times to clear up sinus infections. Do 4-5 nasal rinse a day when fighting a sinus infection.
i have sinus infection so bad i get dizzy and pass out .antiboyiotics dont help had surgery four times.help sw contractors.
I need help i have a delima my sinuses are so bad I pass out stay dizzy and ive had surgury 4 times no releif Im afraid to drive ive taking all antibiotics no relief please help or recommend something.sw contractors