Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
Post Nasal Drip,Tonsil Stones,Hoarse Voice!!!
About This Community:

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Post Nasal Drip,Tonsil Stones,Hoarse Voice!!!

I have had a bad case of what my ENT calls chronic rhinitis after a nasty bout with the flu in 2006. My symptoms are constant slimy mucus in throat,white coated tongue,tonsil stones,hoarse voice(at times),nose blowing,watery eyes,tooth erosion. I don't know if these symptoms are rhinitis or not but some people tells me the symptoms could be silent acid reflux because I don't get heartburn with these symptoms. I have been seeing different ENT's and personal physicians off and on for the last 7 years all to no avail. All these doctors do is give me nasal sprays all to no avail and one ENT even performed an unnecessary septal perforation surgery. If anybody on this board have the above named symptoms can you give me a name for this ailment I'm suffering from and also a plan of treatment other than a bunch of ineffective nasal sprays. Thanks in advance for your help.
Hi,
How are you?  Postnasal drip  may indeed be due to a variety of issues such as colds, allergies, Sinus infection or sinusitis, certain medications, deviated septum, changing weather fronts/ cold temperatures/or excess dryness in the air, certain foods, fumes from chemicalsand other irritants as well as possible gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD.  Swallowing problems can cause a buildup of liquids in the throat, which can feel like postnasal drip and these problems can occur with age, a blockage, or conditions such as  GERD. If it persists, it is best that you have this evaluated further. A referral to a gastoroenterologost may also help. Take care and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sinus Infections/Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...