Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
Prednisone help
About This Community:

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Prednisone help

Is there anyone that can please help me?! I just had a full house FESS (5 hr surgery) on the 20th. I was on a prednisone dose pack 5 days prior to the surgery. After surgery I started on 30 mg of prednisone per day, then after week 1 I went down to 20 mg and this tues i'll go down again to 10.
I am a WRECK. My sinus pain is mostly gone but I am really suffering from the effects of the prednisone. Racing heart, weakness, thumping everywhere, I spend most of my day PANICing that I am going to have a heart attack.
I want off of this hellish drug NOW. Does anyone know if I am maybe tapering from it too quickly? From what I have found online going down 10 mg in a week is a lot.
Please let me know if you have experienced this and what I can do? I mentioned it to my doc but it wasn't my regular doctor and he just said "normal normal, hang in there". UGH!!!!
Oh and I cant sleep a freakin wink either and have awful headaches that feel like blood pressure headaches. my bp the other day at the doc was 143/100. I am a normal 120/80 girl.
Tags: prednisone, Sinus Surgery, Heart Healtht racing, Panic, high blood pressure
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sinus Infections/Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
16 hrs ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank