Prednisone help
Is there anyone that can please help me?! I just had a full house FESS (5 hr surgery) on the 20th. I was on a prednisone dose pack 5 days prior to the surgery. After surgery I started on 30 mg of prednisone per day, then after week 1 I went down to 20 mg and this tues i'll go down again to 10.
I am a WRECK. My sinus pain is mostly gone but I am really suffering from the effects of the prednisone. Racing heart, weakness, thumping everywhere, I spend most of my day PANICing that I am going to have a heart attack.
I want off of this hellish drug NOW. Does anyone know if I am maybe tapering from it too quickly? From what I have found online going down 10 mg in a week is a lot.
Please let me know if you have experienced this and what I can do? I mentioned it to my doc but it wasn't my regular doctor and he just said "normal normal, hang in there". UGH!!!!
Oh and I cant sleep a freakin wink either and have awful headaches that feel like blood pressure headaches. my bp the other day at the doc was 143/100. I am a normal 120/80 girl.