Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
Severe Sinuses! Help!

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

Severe Sinuses! Help!

I am 14 and I have almost always have had severe sinus problems(along with allergies). From them I would get strep throat and bronchitis. Soemtimes at the same time. While I haven't been getting those as much or the ear infections my sinuses get infected so much that mym om and I can tell when I have one. Sometimes we even save the medicine from last time or fill up a refill from the pharmacy without having to go to the doctor. I can do a sinus rinse 10 or more times on either side and the mucous that comes out will still be thick. (Well, the number of times I do it varies. I haven't done that much but it's been close.) Starting in 7th grade during my 9th hour class(which was Math at the time) I had a dizzy spell. No one noticed and I am still thankful I wasn't asked any questions. It's not that things were spinning or that I felt like I had to throw up. But my vision would black out leaving only a fuzzy circle I could see out of. Things would shift around in my vision. My vision was cloudy and it lasted only a few seconds but it felt like hours and I was trying not to freak out. Over the course of the year I didn't tell my mom about it because I had no idea how to explain it. But in 8th grade it happened for about 5-30seconds during my gym class or as we call it E.S.S. It was during the mile run. I don't do them ile well, but because of my sinuses acting up during physical activity I can't run because I can't get enough air. I don't have asthma. But I was only running less than a quarter of a lap and I had to walk. I knew I couldn't stop and I just hoped I wouldn't be yelled at for stopping. And throughout the 8th grade I've had numerous spells as well. I finally told my mom about it after the gym class incident and a few stair case incidents. Besides the dizzyness with my eyes I will have constant pressure on my head. In all of the sinus places on my head. They push on my teeth, my eyes, etc. My mom believes the dizzyness from the Equilibrium in my ears from being out of balance. My ears are constantly plugged. And it effects my hearing to some extent where I have to have volumes up louder than my mom would like. I wear glasses so that could be a reason. My doctors just think it sinuses but I want to get an MRI or CAT scan to see if I have something more severe wrong with me. But with the type of insurance we have (Badger care I think )I doubt we'd have the money for the scans. And my mom is raising me alone. (Dad walked out...) Among dentist bills coming up to $810+ out of her's and my pockets I just want to figure out what's wrong with me... I hate having her spend so much money on me trying to find things that make my head feel what someone would call normal. I have so much pressure in my head even writing this. If you can help that'd be great, and sorry for the really long question...
Tags: infections, severe, severe sinus, dizzy, question, help!, problem, urgent, vision, head, Allergies, eyes, MRI, cat, Scans