Sinus ?
Hi. I am hoping to get some help on this. I have had a sinus infection for the last 7 days. I started taking Amoxicillin 2 days ago. I have had some pressure be released but not much. I am still feeling HEAVY pressure in my right ear and the "i think its called" temperal bone under/next to right ear is a lil numb at times but numbness has somewhat gone away since I started the amoxicillin. Still very stuffy at times too.  Will I be feeling any pressure relief/stuffiness decrease or a COMPLETE stop of it any time soon. Please help and Thank You!
Hi!
You should see an improvement with your sinus infection within three to five days of starting your antibiotics. If you haven't noticed a marked improvement within the next few days, I would call your doctor back and see what's going on. You could also try a cold mist humidifier and something like the netti pot to help clear out the remaining drainage. You should start to have relief from the pressure soon as well. Keep in mind that the antibiotics will help clear the infection, but it takes a few days to kick in and for you to see noticeable improvement. Keep us updated on how things turn out!
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your concern. As suggested it may take some time for the antibiotic to start acting. It may help to take some anti inflammatory medications also to relieve the congestion and pain. Also, the pain behind the ear might be due to a lymph node swelling, which can occur if there is an infection. To help with the symptoms practice good breathing exercises, humidify your room and do steam inhalations.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.