Sinus Infection & Cough that won't go away!
Hello,  a month ago I saw my doctor for a cold, I had colored mucus & ran a fever & my sinus's were tender!  Sinus infection was the diagnosis & was given Augmentin for 10 days. I was also coughing a bit too, but the post nasal drip was really bad.  After my 10 days on the antibiotic all my mucus ran clear & I was feeling better, however the cough was more prominent!  I went & saw an allergist (since I have allergies too) to make sure I don't have asthma, & I didn't & the lungs were clear & pathways were open, however every time I spoke I coughed & still suffered from PND!  I was told to take Mucinex & was given Benzonate to control the cough & was told to continue my allergy med Zyrtec (generic) along with Nasonex!  I was also given Advair to see if it made a difference!  It didn't really!  However, I took the other stuff religiously for a week & drank tons of water, but I started getting a white patch on my tongue & had really bad stomach pain so I called the allergist & was told to discontinue Musinex & take the other stuff as needed except for allergy meds.  I still coughed & had PND!  I got really concerned that maybe I had bronchitis or worse & went & saw my doctor again a few days ago & he said to take my allergy pills & Nasonex & also gave me Symbicort to help with the coughs.  However, I still have PND & cough (granted its better but still present & I cough when I talk)!  Being more naturally minded I started taking probiotics & a mushroom supplement to rev up my immune.  I also been using a neti pot almost everyday & also took Oregano Oil for a week.  My cough is still here, some days worse than others & I still have the dreaded PND!  I've been like this a month & it has taken its tool on me, physically & mentally!  Any advise is appreciated!
Sorry I forgot to mention that I also get a crazy tickle in the back of my throat that makes me cough violently & it disappears with a sneeze!  Thanks again,