Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
Sinus Infection & Cough that won't go away!
About This Community:

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sinus Infection & Cough that won't go away!

Hello,  a month ago I saw my doctor for a cold, I had colored mucus & ran a fever & my sinus's were tender!  Sinus infection was the diagnosis & was given Augmentin for 10 days. I was also coughing a bit too, but the post nasal drip was really bad.  After my 10 days on the antibiotic all my mucus ran clear & I was feeling better, however the cough was more prominent!  I went & saw an allergist (since I have allergies too) to make sure I don't have asthma, & I didn't & the lungs were clear & pathways were open, however every time I spoke I coughed & still suffered from PND!  I was told to take Mucinex & was given Benzonate to control the cough & was told to continue my allergy med Zyrtec (generic) along with Nasonex!  I was also given Advair to see if it made a difference!  It didn't really!  However, I took the other stuff religiously for a week & drank tons of water, but I started getting a white patch on my tongue & had really bad stomach pain so I called the allergist & was told to discontinue Musinex & take the other stuff as needed except for allergy meds.  I still coughed & had PND!  I got really concerned that maybe I had bronchitis or worse & went & saw my doctor again a few days ago & he said to take my allergy pills & Nasonex & also gave me Symbicort to help with the coughs.  However, I still have PND & cough (granted its better but still present & I cough when I talk)!  Being more naturally minded I started taking probiotics & a mushroom supplement to rev up my immune.  I also been using a neti pot almost everyday & also took Oregano Oil for a week.  My cough is still here, some days worse than others & I still have the dreaded PND!  I've been like this a month & it has taken its tool on me, physically & mentally!  Any advise is appreciated!
Sorry I forgot to mention that I also get a crazy tickle in the back of my throat that makes me cough violently & it disappears with a sneeze!  Thanks again,
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sinus Infections/Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank