Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
Sinus Infection/Pressure Duration?!?!

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

Sinus Infection/Pressure Duration?!?!

Good morning guys,

I am brand new to this board so bear with me. I am going to explain the course of this disorder and hopefully get some insight on it.

I work at a video game store and back in July, I was transferred from a strip store to a mall store. I had no issues or sinus problems at the other store, although I have had sinus pressure my whole life. In September, standing under those bright lights, I would get blurry vision and see double while I was working. Putting a hat or sunglasses on made it MUCH better. In early November, i came down with the flu for 3 days and couldn't function at all. I had cold chills, cough, dizzy spells, etc...the normal flu stuff. I broke the flu and now have what I think is one of the worst sinus infections I have EVER had.

First off, constant sinus pressure in my forehead and behind my eyes, which causes blurry vision from time to time...pretty intermittent. I have what feels like BOTH ears clogged. Sometimes when I talk or sing i feel like I am in a tunnel. In the mornings they have some fluid that comes out of them. I am also dizzy when i walk thru a store such as walmart. Being under the bright retail lights just throws off my sense of balance. My nose is stopped up in one nostril ALL day long and switches periodically. Sometimes I get nausea from my post nasal drip, but I eat an Altoid and that goes away.

My questions are:

Can this dizziness be linked to my sinus problems?

What is the best daily remedy for sinus pressure?

What is the duration of something like this? Weeks? Months?

Thanks in advance all
Welcome to the community! The dizziness could be linked to the sinus problems. You could also be experiencing vertigo from the pressure differences. I would contact your doctor to make sure that it is not something more serious. I hope you feel better!
Sound like you have a sinus infection that needs to be treated with antibiotics and they have travel sickness pills that you can by from the drug store that will help you with the nausea and dizziness. I too suffer from this.
Keep the crushed garlic pod for five minutes in each nostril and sneez out fully.  Do neti pot and sutra neti every day.  you can watch out on youtube.  
Keep the  vibration belt with magnets on your cheeks  for five minutes every day ,which is available in the market.  Do breathing for 10 minutes /thrice a day.  I am not a doctor.  i am also a sinus patient, after trying out all the medicines finally i could get relief after following the above things.  Try out  after consulting your doctor and do let me know how it feels.