Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
Sinus Infection after Root Canal
About This Community:

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sinus Infection after Root Canal

I had root canal treatment on an upper right molar (second to last, wisdom teeth already removed) about three weeks ago. An hour after treatment I had nasal drainage (only right side) first of the chlorine substance used to clean out the canals, and then a bright yellow (very runny, not viscous) liquid.

My dentist informed me one of my 'roots' went quite deep, permeating the sinus cavity, and said drainage should stop within about two weeks. Ever since, I've had sinus pressure and congestion, discomfort in jaw and neck and a slight headache.

I've been to my GP who prescribed a course of Amoxycillin, diagnosing a sinus infection brought on by the root canal. My sinus drainage has stopped, but now I have a swollen tonsil (same side).

Could this be from post nasal drip irritation? All areas are so closely interlinked, it seems logical that the swollen tonsil is a result of the root canal / sinus infection, but I'm wondering how much longer it will take, or whether I should be concerned? (Have been a smoker for quite a while). My GP has asked me to come back in two weeks if I'm still not feeling any better. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sinus Infections/Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank