Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
Sinus Infections & Climate

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

Sinus Infections & Climate

So I've had reoccurring sinus infections since moving from Minnesota to Washington state. The climate is awful for my sinuses, that much I can tell. Even with Claritin D every single day, I am still miserable and stuffy. I only had one other sinus infection in my entire life and that happened in Colorado after I had lived there for about 2 years.

I had a CT Scan done of my sinus passages and those came back clear. The ENT (she's very highly skilled - head of the clinc) said there is nothing anatomically wrong with me. She referred me on to an allergist. The allergist found nothing in my no allergies with bloodwork or scratch tests.

Any ideas on where to go from here? I swear it is the climate and my sinuses hate it here. Everyone around me thinks I am crazy.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi, climate changes can trigger episodes of sinusitis. Where you examined after you shifted? If not you get examined now to rule out sinusitis. Besides this your symptoms could also be due to migrainous headaches and those caused due to brain disorders, disorders of the eyes, neck or ears to name a few. Discuss these options with your doctor when you happen to meet him next time. Regards.