Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
Sinus and Burning head sensation

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

Sinus and Burning head sensation

I had face burning sensation in March this year.  I felt immense pressure behind my ears. After prednisone and ibrufin I got better. There was a lot of post nasal drainage and the burning sensation and ear pressure went away.  The ENT thought it was a Eustachian tube dysfunction.  This September I got the same symptoms back. Except no ear pressure this time. My face and lips experienced some burning sensation and I felt weak and heavy in my calf muscles.  My doctor put me on antihistamine and the facial burning sensation reduced. However I started to experience burning sensation in my head - scalp.  Sometimes it felt like acid thrown on it and sometime it felt like a my hair had been pulled too long and the area in the head was sore.  Blood work showed low B12 (247) and Vitamin D (8). I took a B12 shot Last Monday and the muscle weakness and weird sensation in the leg went away.  A day or two later I started to inhale steam and the burning sensation is 1-2 on a scale of 1-10.  An appointment with a neurologist determined that my nerve conduction test was normal.  I am experiencing pot nasal drainage each time I press on my face, behind the ear etc.

I am terrified of MS.

Anyone with similar experience?
Hi!
I had a Vit D deficiency in the past and my whole body hurt; I also had low zinc levels.  It sounds like a sinus infection and/or acid reflux;  I also had two back molars pulled, one had an absess (abscess) and the pain radiated upward into my ear area.  Also, TMJ is another area to check.  I have severe burning in my head/scalp too!  The doc found out that I had an immune deficiency, IGG, so you might want to have them check your immune system, it is a blood test; sigh...I also have a thyroid problem.
We are still trying to figure out where the pain is coming from, it could be from any of the above.  I am not a doc but it does sound like a sinus problem, a CT and endoscopy can rule that out.  The docs have told me I have chronic migraines, but I just don't believe that, I think it is all infection related.  Keep going to the ENT, and find a new one if your current one doesn't do a CT and endoscopy!.