Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
Sinus problems :(

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

Sinus problems :(

Hi guys.. I seriously need some help.. I'm a 22 year old female and for the past ten years I have been experiencing sinus problems. I find that i always have a runny nose together with pressure in my upper head area, my ears feel constantly blocked and itchy, i have regular headaches, the top of my cheek area near my eyes is painful when pressed, I have almost no sense of smell and I cannot breathe from my nose which means I have loud breathing and I snore at night, though it does not sound like regular snoring, this 'snoring' wakes me up a number of times at night resulting with disrupted sleep so I can't really remember the last time I had a good night's sleep. In my early teens I visited the GP a number of times and was consequently referred to ENT where I was faced with a different consultant each time, each with a differing point of view. One consultant recommended surgery to remove polyps, another could see no need for this.. In the end I didn't actually get any sort of outcome and I completely lost hope in terms of resolving this problem.

Ten years on I feel like I can't take this anymore and I am due to see an ENT specialist in two weeks. Over the years I have tried a number of nasal sprays and saline solutions which have been of little help. What I would like to know is whether there is any other sinus problem which could be causing my symptoms? The ENT specialists I usually get referred to tend to check for polyps and if they don't seem large enough at the time, they send me packing. I don't want to be faced with a dead end. Is there anything else I could direct the doctor to look in to.

Thanks for taking your time to read this..
Tags: sinus
Did u find out what the cause was?
http://www.boogordoctor.com/2012/09/nasal-saline-rinses-to-treat-sinusitis/

Probably one of the best sinus docs in the states - loads of terrific information and advice.
Hope you got a solution. I'm in a similar situation to you, i'm 20 and have had sinus problems for as long as i can remember. I've been to see many different doctors and none of them seem to take me seriously even when i tell them that the side of my face swells up and i can't sleep from the pain! Ughh it's tiring. I feel your frustration. I don't have any advice for you since i'm still looking for my own! I had to quit my job working with horses because it caused so much infections and i'm allergic to nasal sprays etc. Sob story is finished! sorry.... and good luck! If you find a miracle, please post it here!! :)
I've had sinus surgery, turbinate reduction, ct scans, mri's, antibi' for the past 2 yrs...worthless. Only help i get..the Neil-Med saline rinse squirt type...but you have to 'INHALE, YES, INHALE SOLUTION" , it helps release the mucus. Just squirting w/out inhaling is useless. That was instructions after surgery per ENT SURGEON ) to get out all the mucus, etc. Just "keep mouth closed", not open..different from instructions on Neil-Med box... neti pot does nothing vs. squirt type.
. This is a great help for sinus...but no CURE ALL.
Yes, if one finds answer to chronic rhinosinusitus, I'd love to hear answer.