Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
Sinus problems

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

Sinus problems

I have had sinus issues for a good 3 years now. At times they flare up and get pretty bad. However, most recently I've developed a new symptom. It's gotten to the point where I can not drive or go many places without feeling very dizzy. Almost like I'm falling over slowly. Other times it will feel like someone is pushing my head to one side. I've noticed it get worse when I'm in an open space and while walking. My stumach gets really upset when this happens. I've also notied my head tends to lean to the right. I also have noticed that if I look at the ground when I walk I tend to be less dizzy. It is really frightning to me and would like this symptom to go away above the others. Apart from dizziness I have a whole slew of other symptoms. Contant pressure between the eyes, from the time I wake up until the time I go to sleep, light sensitivity, extremely tired all the time, trouble breathing through my nose, migraines(temples feel like someone his pressing slightly on them) My vision is horrible, I get  textures, flashes, floaters, and snow in my field of vision dialy. I can hear pressure moving around in my head. I also tend to plug my nose and force air out which creates a loud squeek noise, which I believe is the built up pressure, it is so loud that people around me can hear it. My ears always feel full, and sometimes they ache. I get really bad headaches,my temples,top of head,eyes,eye browl,teeth,cheeks, all hurt. The dizziness also feels like it is coming from the middle of my head. My night vision is a joke. Lights streak across my field of vision, there are auras around lights.

Now for the weirder symptoms. I've noticed that above my right eye(right frontal sinus) there seems to be fluid or air trapped in my eyelid/socket that I can move around. My theory is that it is built up pressure that can not escape because my sinuses are swollen. All of this makes my anxiety crazy and has really but a damper on my life. I have tried OTC medications and nothing has worked. I have used a neti pot ever since my symptoms started and have noticed no difference. I thought my wisdom teeth could play a part in all of this so I got them removed and the problem, especially the dizziness, has gotten worse. I do have pretty bad teeth which I am slowly getting taken care of. I know teeth and sinuses are connected. I have seen my General Doctor and was given flonase which did nothing, infact after I started using the flonase is when the vertigo/diziness got worse. I had a ct scan done a few years back and was told nothing seemed to be wrong. I saw an ENT, he did the endoscope test and didn't seem to find anything. He did suggest I go to a neurologist and get an MRI. Had a blood test done and am going to get it read next week, where I will explain all of this to my doctor.

I'm just looking for any answers to what could be going on. I'm sick of living like this and anything you could suggest/comment on would be much appreciated. Thanks.
I never had sinus problems until two years ago.  I want to address something. Your immune system is down. You have to beef up your system. My sinuses were so swollen I had to have surgery. It was because of an autoimmune issue with my thyroid. Ok here's what you can do to start, vitamin c powder in water, then b12 pills. Get your blood tested a CBC done just to see where your blood levels are and then get your thyroid tested just to be sure. Your body is not fighting so you have to get stronger.  Exercise will help also. Try to illiminate as much dairy as possible.  The most important thing to do is to illiminate stress.  It will cause your sinuses to swell up and cause body fluids to secrete.  This is more homeopathic. Don't panic just take your time to get stronger.