Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
Sinusitis and off balance

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

Sinusitis and off balance

Hi 3 months ago while walking i suddenly felt off balance. After 3/4 trips to doctors and blood test and brain scan i was told i had chronic sinusitis. Can this cause balance problems? The feeling of off balance increases when in bright shops. Anyone have this experience
Yes, I feel off balance most of the time.  It is a very unpleasant feeling as you know.  My ent doc says I have polyps, deviated septum and a bone spur but surgery is questionable.  I wish I could give you some advice but nothing seems to help me very much.  I am going to see a different ent soon.  good luck
i have nasal allergies and for the last week i have been really dizzy and whatever i eat it comes back. My stomach is sore to the touch and no appetite. as much as i love coffee, tea and other things i can not eat or drink them because they make me sick. i am already taking allegra and singulair and using astelin. what else do i need to take?
Oh yes, when my sinus's get severely inflammed the pain is awful, it goes all around my eyes and down into my ears and then I am in big trouble.  I get off balance and then I get nauseous, basically I'm in a state of permanent motion sickness.   Its an AWFUL feeling for sure.  I've tried all allergy meds, found that straight sudafed and advil seems to help along with antibiotics.  I've had a CT scan of my sinus area and face and I have no blockages, no narrowing, nothing.   The antibiotics do seem to help me alot though I have heard many don't get much relief.  I also use some steriod nasal sprays and a neti pot, but again,  its all hit or miss for the most part .  This all usually happens during the fall months as I do have allergies to weeds and mold.  When I get REALLY bad I can't even drive and I just go to bed, take my meds,  and knock myself with a anti nausea pill and after 10-12 hours I am usually on the mend, though the pain lasts a food 3-5 days.   I find it a shorter duration WITH the antibiotics verses not.  Many drs don't like to prescribe antibiotics for this condition as they feel it doesn't really help.  It does help me .
That just started for me two weeks back. My cheeks are swollen and red as well.