Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
Snorting Tobacco (snuff)

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

Snorting Tobacco (snuff)

I recently substituted a smoking habit with a Snuffing habit, because I read it was less dangerous to my health. So, I snuff grounded tobacco powder. I would like to know where does this powder go after I put it into my nose and snort it. Does it go to the lungs or it accumulates in the sinus?

I know that this practice isn't "safe", but I know it's safer than smoking, I only want to have this information.
It's not safe at all. Anytime you snort something you damage your mucus membranes/tissues/sinues and eventually you can cause your nasal cavity to become diseased. I know this to be fact because my husbands uncle snorted pills daily for years and he now has no nose and has had multiple surgeries to correct the damage that he has done. It doesn't go to the lungs, but you are destroying your sinuses and nasal cavity.