Aa
A
A
Close
Sphenoid sinus infection

I have had a sinus infection for about 8 weeks. Symptoms did not resolve with antibiotics so I went to an ENT.  A recent CT scan revealed that I have an infection in both the maxilary and sphenoid sinuses. I am taking prednisone, amoxicilan, rx decongestant and two antibiotics and a steroid delivered by a nasal nebulizer. What urgent signs should I be aware of that I need medical care prior to my next scheduled appointment with the ENT in a week?-"
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
If you google "CNN sinus infection" you'll see the study that proves what I've been saying for years--antibiotics don't work well against chronic sinus infections.

A Neilmed Sinus Rinse is the best treatment for maxillary sinus infections, but gravity prevents it from working in the sphenoids.  Here is what does:

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/2322

The Flip-Turn Sinus Flush is mildly risky, because you have to bend over to do it, preferably in a shower, but you can also do it outside on soft ground, or you can kneel down and lean over a bathtub, or perhaps a plastic basin or tub, with the shower running for steam.

Yes, I had the same problem and treatments as you until I invented the flush.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thank you
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sinus Infections/Disorders Community Resources