Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
Sphenoid sinus infection

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

Sphenoid sinus infection

I have had a sinus infection for about 8 weeks. Symptoms did not resolve with antibiotics so I went to an ENT.  A recent CT scan revealed that I have an infection in both the maxilary and sphenoid sinuses. I am taking prednisone, amoxicilan, rx decongestant and two antibiotics and a steroid delivered by a nasal nebulizer. What urgent signs should I be aware of that I need medical care prior to my next scheduled appointment with the ENT in a week?-"
.
If you google "CNN sinus infection" you'll see the study that proves what I've been saying for years--antibiotics don't work well against chronic sinus infections.

A Neilmed Sinus Rinse is the best treatment for maxillary sinus infections, but gravity prevents it from working in the sphenoids.  Here is what does:

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/2322

The Flip-Turn Sinus Flush is mildly risky, because you have to bend over to do it, preferably in a shower, but you can also do it outside on soft ground, or you can kneel down and lean over a bathtub, or perhaps a plastic basin or tub, with the shower running for steam.

Yes, I had the same problem and treatments as you until I invented the flush.
Thank you