What is the difference between the sinus disease and sinusitis?
I have seasonal allergic rhinitis and feel nose membranes are very dry and red with the nasal congestion. So I was evaluated with the CT scene. The CT report indicates “Mild bilateral maxillary sinus disease, the findings including mild mucoperiosteal thickening and early mucus retention cyst formation. A minimal amount of dependent free fluid is present within the left maxillary sinus, with no other findings to indicate acute sinusitis. No evidence of chronic sinusitis.”

What is the difference between the sinus disease and sinusitis and how to treat those two different diseases?
How are you? Sinus disease is integrally related to multiple disease processes as well as environmental factors that affect the head and neck. It occurs in several forms, including infection. It is best that  you discuss the results of your CT scan with your doctor for proper evaluation. Your medical history, symptoms as well as results of other diagnostic tests are important considerations. Take care and do keep us posted.