Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
When a sinus infection isn't a sinus infections? Meds aren't ...

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

When a sinus infection isn't a sinus infections? Meds aren't helping

On Jan 18th I went to urgent care and they told me I had a sinus infection and it looked like my ear drum was going to burst. They told me to take mucinex-d, z-pak, and medol 4mg dose pack.  4 days later when I didn't feel better I went to the ER and they gave me a CT scan which didn't show a sinus infection but they put me on Omnicef and gave me tramadol for pain (which doesn't help) when the neosynephrine didn't help. They told me I needed to see an ENT. I saw him and my adenoids (adenoids) were swollen and he said that it wasn't a sinus infection and perscribed Prednisone.  The next week I still wasn't feeling any better and still could breath through my nose. He then said it was the nerve endings in my nose weren't working correctly and gave me ativan which still didn't work.  He then told me that it was my Psych meds (wellbutrin, clonidine, and ritalin).  I went off them for 4 days because the psych doc said that it wasn't my meds but that we would be going around in circles until I proved this guy wrong.  I still cannot breath through my nose and I feel like no one wants to deal with me. ENT doesn't think he can help me and my PCP doesn't want to see me because he thinks I need to see ENT.  I have called health insurance case manger to get some help.  I don't know what to do now.  Has anyone else ever gone through anything like this?  I feel like I am have a sinus infection but they said I don't.I am currently on Ceftin, flexeril, and tramdol for pain (which I take but it rarely works). I just want the pain in my head to stop. I have asked for blood work but no one will perscribe it.  Psych Doc says I prob need to see Neurologist and get MRI and blood-work.  

Any advice would be appreciated.
I would go and get a second opinion. I hope you feel better soon. Good luck!