are you washing your nose ?
All you people with sinus and or allergy problems please try saline nasal rinsing.
It is so easy, safe ,cheap and effective.
I have washed my nose every day since 1995. I have had only 3 colds in the last 17 years.
nasal washing works as a preventative for colds. If you have a cold or a sinus infection, nose washing will help you recover faster. It will help your antibiotic work better.
one teacher i worked with in 1998 thought she had a brain tumor -- her head hurt her so bad all the time. i thought
she sounded congested so i asked her if she ever washed her nose with a neti pot and she said no.
i told her i had an extra neti pot and could loan her one if she wanted to try it.
so she did borrow an extra one i had and loved it so much she bought her own neti pot and several others that she gave
away as gifts. oh i also gave my cousin's husband--a fireman--a neti pot
because he has bad allergies and he totally loved it. about a year and a half ago my friend
donna was complaining about her sinuses - we were out to lunch with her friend, carolyn. carolyn began talking
about how SHE uses the neti pot and i said oh i have many neti pots and have used them for years.
donna asked a few more questions and i said i think i have an extra
neti pot i --let me look and if so I will give it to you. so i gave her an extra one i had and a week later she called me
saying how delighted she was with it. i forgot all about this but when i saw donna last [ right before christmas ]
she mentioned to me how she still uses the neti pot i gave her and that she takes it with her when she travels.
i just do not want people to suffer like i did when there is something so wonderful, cheap
and safe that will do you a world of good.
this is wery true.im born in country of croatia on adriatic sea wich have big concentration of salt in sea and as kid i swim and dive all summer from june till october allmoust every day. in this period of my life i have never had any problem with sinuses.. after my 20birthday i move to live in belgium and now last 5jears i have nothing else then problems with sinuses.. now im 40jears...i miss all summer swim in the sea..and diving even more= much more...so you see sea+salt are good for nose and i use it too and would recomend it to everybody...!!  and i use natty potty too..
thanks for answering. i know nasal washing helps. i am the living proof that it does.
Concern about some deadly infection (I don't recall the details) was in the news (main-line and channel network programs - saw it on NBC and Fox) can be caused by sinus flushing (netipot).  The problem is some tap water contains a microbe (0r something) that if injected into the sinus can start the infection.  The solution is to use purified, or boiled, or even distilled (bottle) water.  I occasionally use a neti pot, but not often. I did not fine it helped much when I used it every night, but when working in a dusty or pollen environment (mostly this is in the summer time) I think a sinus flush could help remove some of that "crap" from the sinus area, seems that should help some.

I continue to have swollen sinus problems, mostly when lying down, e.g., sleeping.  A shot of one of the over-the-counter 12 hour sprays before bedtime gives me at least 8 hours of relief.  When on my feet, I don't have much of a problem.

I have been using a Zicam  brand spray that can be used several time a day.  I think it helps some, but it hasn't stopped the problem, nor has sinus flushing.

I write mostly because of the warning to use sterile water for the sinus flush.
yes there have been warnings about ameobeas in the water - it's very rare and happens mostly in the south- so use distilled water...for nose rinsing.
if you make daily saline nasal rinsing a part of your normal routine you will
breathe better, feel better and your allergies will calm down.
One nasal rinse clears out so much mucus - especially if you are
also taking the guaifenesin and drinking warm tea or warm water. And using the Xlear natural nasal spray.

I am so used to nosewashing now that for me it's no big deal. it's like brushing my teeth or washing my face or taking a shower.
I can't even think of NOT doing it at least once a day.

REGULAR NOSE RINSING also restores the cilia
which are THE MICROSCOPIC HAIRS IN OUR RESPIRATORY TRACT & the natural cleaners of the nose.
But to have continuing effects you must do it daily.

I also think giving up dairy is important. Dairy is
a mucus-producing food plus it's a cancer promoter.
so for better sinus health/allergy relief - I say do this :

1. wash you nose every single day with warm salt water - at least once . . .
2. use Xlear 2x a day after nose washing . . . .
3 take guaifenesin every day .. . .
4. no dairy . . .

IF YOU DO THOSE  4 THINGS FOR ONE MONTH I BET YOU'LL
BE FINE. BUT YOU HAVE TO BE CONSISTENT AND NOT TAKE ANY DAYS OFF.
ACTUALLY YOU'LL BE A LOT BETTER IN 2 WEEKS BUT DO THESE THINGS
FOR ONE MONTH AND SEE HOW GOOD YOU FEEL--!!