Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
inflamed sinuses and clogged ears
About This Community:

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

inflamed sinuses and clogged ears

My sinuses have been puffy or inflamed, filled with some liquid for quite some time now. Additionally, its causing my eustatian tubes to be clogged or pinched as well limiting my hearing. This all started a couple years back after a simple cold. After the cold went away I still had a plugged nose and ears. Symptoms: plugged nose, but nothing comes out. when I lay on one side, one nostril will get plugged, when I lay on the other the other will plug, so I know something is moving around when I move around. Ears are plugged do to inflamation (inflammation) in sinus area, no liquid behind ears. Once in a long while my ears will neutralize when I use afrin or a steamy shower or when it rains outside. Those brief moment bring back memories of what it feels like to hear normally again. But after a few seconds its back to clogged. Also I do not have polyps, per ENT.

Things I have tried: five different ENT dr's, accupuncture, chiroprator, netipot, oral and nasal steroids, nose sprays, teas, alergy (allergy) tests (all come back clean), and facial massages. All to no avail.

I dont understand why such simple symptoms are not an obvious fix for the ENTs that I have been to. They are suggesting tubes in my ears or to "cut out" the inflamation (inflammation), neither attacking the root cause question "why are my sinus inflamed and how to get them back to normal?"

I am going to try the earadicator this week and may consider surgery back in Europe where they take a tube to suck out all the liquid causing the inflamtion (they call it a stuck cold). Anybody have suggestions at this point? Any help would be great.
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sinus Infections/Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank