SINUS INFECTIONS/DISORDERS
COMMUNITY
my easy cure for sinus infection
by mightypen, Jan 30, 2012
this is not a question. I have been using a technique to cure my sinus infections for years, now, and I want to share it. It works every time within 24 hours, or so. All I do is vibrate the mucous mass in my sinus using either a powerful bass speaker at the right frequency, or using a powerful massager of some sort, and pressing my head into it at different angles and with varying pressure until i feel the painful area vibrating. I'm guessing i just break up the mucous mass, allowing it to drain over the next few hours. The key is finding the resonant frequency of the mass. I find that frequency, then let it shake for a few minutes, maybe 2-5 minutes. Then, I just wait, and by the time I wake up the next day, the sinus infection is gone. For me, it works every single time. The first time I did it (by accident, installing a sound system in my car), I had had a terrible sinus infection for 2 1/2 weeks that was extremely painful. I woke up the next day cured.
Please pass this on to a professional. I hope it can help others.
Mighty
Member Comments (24)
by shell921, Jan 30, 2012
If you had a bacterial sinus infection this would not cure it.
by mightypen, Jan 30, 2012
it works. the bacteria feeds on the mucous mass. drain the mass, and there is nothing for the bacteria to eat. I have bad sinus allergies, and I've dealt with  many sinus infections. This works every single time within 24 hours. Try it before you dismiss, please.
by shell921, Jan 30, 2012
You have got to wash your nose with warm salt water.
Two irrigation additives that are commonly used are Alkalol and Betadine. Alkalol is an old-time, traditional remedy- a mucous solvent -  that can be found or ordered from pharmacies for about $3 a bottle. You can also now buy it on-line. Google it.  It's a solution of eucalyptus oil, pine needle extract, other plant oils and extracts, and a tiny amount of alcohol, ingredients that together are thought to act as a mucus solvent. Some people find it soothing, others stimulating, others irritating. It's better to start with a small amount rather than the 50/50 ratio of Alkalol to saline indicated in the Alkalol directions.

Betadine (and its generic equivalents) is an iodine-based antiseptic used primarily on superficial skin wounds, though some doctors recommend it to help kill off the pathogens that cause sinus infections. It's best to use only a small amount -- from a few drops to a teaspoon. I have used Betadine in warm salt water to wash my nose using a neti pot several times to clear up sinus infections. Do 4-5 nasal rinse a day when fighting a sinus infection.
by mightypen, Jan 31, 2012
a mucous solvent is meant to break up the mucous mass. vibrations of the resonant frequency of the mucous mass and/or the sinus walls achieves the same result, except that the solvent eats away at the mass, working its way to the sinus walls, while the vibration dislodges the mucous from the sinus walls immediately. Every one of the 30-plus times I have used this technique, I have awoken the next morning with no sinus infection, and no pain. You can squirt solvent into your sinuses for days before ridding yourself of infection. I passed this along to an ENT doctor today, and she was interested in the technique. She's going to discuss it with her colleague who specializes in sinus problems. I will let you know when they figure out that this actually does work better than any technique currently used.
by shell921, Jan 31, 2012
so you do not do warm salt water rinsing of your nose then? ever? why don't you try it and see how much it helps you? you would not get a sinus infection in the first place if you practiced preventative nose rinsing. i have not had a sinus infection since 1999. and I haven't had but one cold since 199 either. nose washing prevents cold-!
by mightypen, Feb 01, 2012
i have tried that method, sure, but I don't get sinus infections often enough to warrant constant rinsing. I get one or two per year, maybe 3 or 4 sometimes, but they're gone within a day each time, after I use my method. I rarely get colds, but I do have allergies most of the year, and they plague me. My sinus infections mostly stem from my allergies.
Many people struggle with sinus infections that linger for weeks, and I was only hoping to give some people a possible alternative cure that is much easier and much quicker. Rinsing is not a bad practice, but I'm not here to preach rinsing. everyone who deals with sinus infections is aware of the technique of rinsing, but they are not aware that using resonant frequency on their sinus can rid them of their sinus infection in less than a day. I'm not sure why you are resisting considering the possibility, shell, but even if rinsing is as effective a method, what is the harm of an alternative method to consider? If you haven't had a sinus infection for 13 years, then that's great, and I'm happy for you, but some people struggle with them, rinsing or not, and they might benefit from this vibration method.
by shell921, Feb 01, 2012
I am not against your method if someone has an infection - sure try it. But I SYTILL say daily nasal rinsing is the best thing anyone with allergies or sinus problems can do. Even if your sinus health is normal salt water rinsing is good --it gets the crusts and boogers out of your nose. You brush your teeth each day don't you? You wash your body with soap and water each day I hope. Don't you? Your nose is your FILTER. So keep it clean. That is all I am saying. I disagree with you that EVERYONE who deals with sinus infections is aware of rinsing. Many people are not aware-!!!
by shell921, Feb 01, 2012
mightypen--Imagine your nose, with warm salt water flowing through - this is the 'river' you create each time you wash your nose.

Your sinuses are stagnant ponds with small outlets allowing them to drain into the nose. When the saline solution flows past these outlets it creates a low-pressure stream that draws out the contents of the sinus cavities; just like a swiftly moving river would drain a small pond.
It is just common sense to practice this nasal cleansing as a part of daily nasal hygiene. You get rid of allergens, pollution, dust & stagnant mucus.
NO MORE CRUSTS OR BOOGERS IN YOUR NOSE!

My allergist calls me a "success story" and congratulates me on achieving "normal" sinus health by practicing daily nose washing. She told me most patients of hers who have had sinus surgery end up worse off. I never thought I would be normal. After my 3rd sinus operation - back in 1995 - I got so depressed because all I could see ahead was more sickness, more surgery and no normal sinus health. But daily nosewashing helped me improve and normalize my sinus health. I can not say enough good things about it. I have also avoided colds by doing this as I already told you.

Nose washing is one of the safest, easiest, cheapest & most beneficial things you can do for yourself. I don't want others to suffer as i did - that is why I encourage everyone I know to protect their sinus & respiratory health by washing the nose-!
by mightypen, Feb 03, 2012
you sure do love your nasal rinsing, hehe. I'm glad you've figured it out