Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
thick sticky saliva in mouth
About This Community:

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

thick sticky saliva in mouth

For the past cpl months my saliva has been very thick. Its just getting worse. I don't know for sure but it seems like its coming from the right side more. Its only thick in my mouth. My throat is ok so far. But its definitely thick and sticky. Also my cheek and nose goes numb. Could this be sinus related??.I know I sound crazy but I swear I'm not. So if anyone has any ideas please help me thank you. BTW my blood tests are normal
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Thick saliva comes from being dehydrated, aging, etc.  I too have thick saliva so bad that one of my salivary glands keeps plugging up.  The dentist has to use his sucker to open it up.  I have to use heat, massage and drink a lot to keep it open.  It started in my mouth and now my nose is so dry it is sore with crusty scabs and my hands crack in the cold weather..

Best thing to do besides drinking at lot is use Biotene products, especially the mouthwash before going to bed so your tongue is not stuck to the roof of your mouth in the morning.
Blank
Thank you for responding I will definitely try heat. Haven't tried that yet.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sinus Infections/Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank