Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
unusual sysptoms

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

unusual sysptoms

I have had chronic sinutis and rhinitis all my life.  over last six months,I have had cough with sputum
production and runny nose(sometimes yellowish and green).  I finally asked my dr. to give me
amoxicillin 875mg(I had last for same condition 2 years ago).  It has cleared up some of symptoms but I have a
bronchial cough that hurt my diaphrahm and also bring up yellowish green mucos streaked with some blood.
I am now on my 6th day of amoxicillin and cough has improved some but ocasionally some blood streaked mucos still comes up and my muscles of diaphram ,although somewhat better,still has pain with cough
I thought I would go in for x-ray when antibiotics used up.    Please advise on treatment,longivity of cough etc.
Yellow is a sign of infection. Green can be allergy or asthma.
Most people with allergy related asthma cough continuously.
Get checked for allergy related asthma/COPD...especially if the antibiotics aren't clearing it up.

My hubby almost died last spring from allergy related asthma ( snow molds). While he was in hospital ( hooked up to a bunch of machines ) they sucked tons of green guck out of his lungs.

Xrays are a good start, that's for sure.
You have got to wash your nose with warm salt water. It will help you get well and once you are well, keep washing your nose as a preventative.
Two irrigation additives that are commonly used are Alkalol and Betadine. Alkalol is an old-time, traditional remedy- a mucous solvent -  that can be found or ordered from pharmacies for about $3 a bottle. You can also now buy it on-line. Google it.  It's a solution of eucalyptus oil, pine needle extract, other plant oils and extracts, and a tiny amount of alcohol, ingredients that together are thought to act as a mucus solvent. Some people find it soothing, others stimulating, others irritating. It's better to start with a small amount rather than the 50/50 ratio of Alkalol to saline indicated in the Alkalol directions.

Betadine (and its generic equivalents) is an iodine-based antiseptic used primarily on superficial skin wounds, though some doctors recommend it to help kill off the pathogens that cause sinus infections. It's best to use only a small amount -- from a few drops to a teaspoon. I have used Betadine in warm salt water to wash my nose using a neti pot several times to clear up sinus infections. Do 4-5 nasal rinse a day when fighting a sinus infection.
i dont think that this person is helped with rinsing,sorry for this.. i think he diveloped bronhial asthma oor even vorse cystise fibrose of lungs oor pneumonia... he needs lung specialist as fast as possible oor he might die.. with blood coughing this is NO YOKE;; god blees...