Skin Cancer Community
1 year later still have unhealed flea bites on scalp,is this possible?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Is it possible 1 year later to still have unhealed sores on your scalp from flea bites?
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present? As long as there is no infection present, skin lesions or sores usually resolve after a few days. If it has been a year already, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor or be referred to a dermatologist for proper evaluation and to rule out underlying skin issues. Direct clinical examination is important. Take care and do keep us posted.
It is not possible for scalp sores to be present for an year without an underlying pathology. Get a culture sensitivity and a biopsy of the sores done to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.