3 years having some fungal infection of my penis and near area.
I am 28, and for last 3 years having some fungal infection of my penis and near area. Intially the outer layer of my skin started itching and then some white rashes appeared, and thereafter bad smell is coming out. My doctor gave me antifungal cream, within a week it was cured. I stopped the medication, the itching started and white rashes came back the skin on  the penis and near area . Again I visited my doctor , who advised me to continue the anti-fungal cream  for some weeks, which i continue. When I stopped, two - three days later then the rashes came back.  I consulted my doctor again, and he referred me to Skin specialist. The skin specialist , after checking gave me another cream (gentalene) and tablet (Fusys 150 ), and told me to continue for 3 weeks .............but when I stop medicine then rashes are coming back and some bad smell at that area....pls help me
Hello
Various reasons for recurrent or persistent fungal infection are incomplete treatment, treatment resistance, co-existing dermatitis, diabetes and low immunity. Treatment resistance can be overcome by applying a cream with a combination of antifungals (Clotrimazole 1%, Miconazole nitrate 2%, Tolnaftate 1% and Butenafine hydrochloride 1%) or using oral antifungals under a doctor’s guidance. You should get it evaluated from a dermatologist and get your blood sugar levels checked.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.