Skin Cancer Community
Basal cell carcinoma?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Basal cell carcinoma?

I am asian and I am 23 yrs old, sometime on late 2011 I had a pimple in my chest and I poped it and became a lumpy scar, the scar wont go away until now and it feels like its growing. I am not sure if it was a pimple back then but it looked like one.

here are the pictures of the lump.

http://postimage.org/image/pymyfswpb/

I searched the internet and it kind of looks like basal cell carcinoma =(

please help me identify it =(
someone help me please =(
http://postimage.org/image/3rvjbheaj/

updated picture, its flatter today than yesterday, its quite red because i kinda scratched it, but 2 days ago its was like a scar.
It may be an infected cyst. Apply warm compresses,Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it. You  can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. If the lump persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a gynecologist as you may need incision and drainage and also get it examined and biopsied to get benign and malignant growths of skin ruled out.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I wouldnt think a gynecologist would be able to advise as they are for womans problems.  Perhaps a dermatologist may be of some help. I agree ould be an infected cyst but it certainly has been there a long time to be an infection.  Honestly, its not worth mucking around. I have seen basal cells that look like that t but then again they can take on many many appearances so dont panic
Even if it was a basal cell carcinoma it will only spread locally ie it will not  metastisize as other forms such as squamous cell or melanonas do, ie it wont enter blood stream, organs, lymph etc.   Having said that though, there are many ways a squamous cell can also present, I would get professional advise. I dont know wehre you are from but over here in oz we have skin clinics. Thats all they do, examine skin for potential problems. Soemtimes a normal doctor does not know. Mine told me mine was nothing and yet it was a very malignant squamous cell carcinoma - I am now in treatment. I trusted my doctor for a lttle too long!
The fact its gone down so much since yesterday though is a reassuring sign. Still I would get it checked
aren't cyst hard? this one is quite soft, when i slightly pinch it, it is actually the same as the other area of my chest, no lumps inside. the only difference is roughness (because of slight scabbing) and it is slightly elevated, like before when it looked liked a scar, it was also slightly elevated...

And I also rarely get sunshine on my chest and other parts of my body, I hate the sun. 95% of the time I am indoors. I only get sunshine when I drive my car to go to work.

Tomorrow I am going to the dermatologist to get it checked, and on thursday I am going to get 2nd opinion from a different dermatologist for assurance, hope that this isn't anything bad...

good on you! let m know how you get on. its realloy hard on the internet and none of us are professionals in this area.the appearances of skin cancer can look hundreds of different ways