Skin Cancer Community
Basal cell carcinoma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Basal cell carcinoma

It was revealed in July that my husband has basalioma at least in two places in her back (sampels taken several weeks ago). The spots have previously been cured with cryotherapy about ten years ago, but the diagnosis was not known then. He has also a reddish spot on his nose. It has been cured with cryotherapy about 20 years ago. The spot has been there as I can remember since that. A couple of weeks ago we noticed that there is a light spot, about 5x8mm, beside the reddish one of the similar size. No samples have been taken from these spots. The reddish spot has some enlarged capillaries and scaling, but the whitish one is like the normal skin.

The backside basaliomas will be cured at the end of October. Should we be worried about the spots on his nose? Should samples be taken from them before my husband goes to the therapy of the backside spots?
Tags: Basal cell carcinoma, basalioma, whitish spot on nose, reddish spot on nose, Back
This spot on nose can be a fibrous papule of the nose but given the history of basal cell ancer, it is best to get the spot biopsied to rule out any basal cell cancer.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Than you for your answer. My husband has already made an appointment with the doctor in order to take a biopsy. The biopsy will be taken on next week.