Basal cell removal

I went to the dermatologist last week for my annual skin check.  I told the doctor about 2 areas of concern that looked like basal cell to me (I have had 2 other basal cell spots removed in the past).  She agreed with my diagnoses.  She removed them and sent them for biopsy.  They indeed came back as basal cell, but said I have to go back to get more removed. Why were they not removed in total to begin with?  This seems ridiculous to me to have to keep going back, paying another copay, and then paying more money for the removal (I have a deductible and my crappy insurance only pays 80%).  When my friend went to her dermatologist for the same thing, her doctor removed all of it and she didn't have to go back.  It seems like I'm getting ripped off for extra charges I shouldn't have to pay when they could have been fully removed the first time.  
Hi.  I know that it seems ridiculous but I've been dealing with basal cell carcinoma for over 30 years.  They don't want to remove more than the spot for a biopsy because they're just sending it out to test.  What if he took out a huge chunk and it came back benign?  Then you'd be upset that you have this hole on your body.  If the biopsy sample came back with margins still showing cancer, they have to keep removing until it's all gone otherwise you're back to square one and then some because basal cell grows inward as well as on the surface.  I had one removed many years ago where they only took out the biopsy.  10 years later when it appeard again in the same place on my scalp (and I found out only because I saw blood running down my forehead), I had to have mohs surgery where they had to go in 4 tmes until all margins were clear. The mohs surgeon told me that it had already almost reached my skull.  That is very dangerous because it can actuallly go into the brain.  I have 12 staples and 40 stitches on my head.  My daughte ris now facing a dangerous situation with bcc because she has one on her nostril which she neglected and she may have to have a flap done to repair her nose.  Do not think about the $, this is important.  That's my opinion.  Good luck and take care of it and use sunscreen.