Skin Cancer Community
Black spot on raised mole

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Black spot on raised mole

7890083?1335233333
Hello. I have a raised mole with a black spot on it, as seen in the picture. I have seen a PA about it and she insisted she doesn't think it is risky, however, I thought 2 colors on a mole was risky? Also, this mole is 6mm in diameter and raised slightly. Can you please tell me if this is okay? I guess I am just a bit uneasy about it because it was a PA and not an actual dermatologist.

PS. She did remove another mole though.
Hey anyone who might be reading this later on. I went to a dermatologist today and he said this mole looks normal, just keep an eye on it and see if it grows or shows any change. :)
It is normal for a mole to have two colors. Melanomas are usually >6 mm in size,with irregular borders ,asymmetrical and dark in color. Keep an eye on this mole. If you notice changes in the mole's/mark’s color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful.Otherwise it should be left as such.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.