Skin Cancer Community
Blue/Black raised lesion on back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Blue/Black raised lesion on back

About a week ago I discovered a small raised lesion on my back...its blue/black..not really tender...I saw my primary who is sending me to a surgeon for an eval...my doc wants it out...I have the appt with the surgeon for 4/1..should I be overly concerned..Thanks
It can be a small cyst or benign or malignant skin growth. Sebaceous cyst is filled with a soft, whitish brown material that sometimes oozes out onto the skin's surface. This material is called sebum. Treatment includes small surgical opening into the skin and removing the sac (excision biopsy). But recurrence is quite common. I suggest you to get the diagnosis confirmed from a dermatologist after examination.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Saw the surgeon...he believes its a sebaceous cyst, it will be removed, get a couple of stitches..will be sent for biopsy to rule out skin cancer...