Skin Cancer Community
Blue spot turns into bluish brown mole

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Blue spot turns into bluish brown mole

I had a tiny blue spot form on my chest about two years ago.  During a skin check the Derm. did not seem to notice it.  Over this past winter sometime it turned into a tiny, ever sl slightly elevated bluish brown mole.  It is unlike all of my other moles.  My GP looked at it on Friday and noticed that the upper 2/3s is brown and the lower 1/3 is blue.  He did a biopsy and was able to get 95% of it.  I have not received the results yet and needless to say am very concerned.  Should the blue mark have been biopsied before?  Is it normal to get a blue mark and have it turn into a mole?  I worry that the mole has been growing vertically - down into the skin and is more dangerous.  it was very tiny so I keep wondering why all of the mole was not able to be excised.  i can't find anything on the internet about a blue mark turning into a blue nevus or a blue nevus being two different colors.  Thank you for any help - I am a 38 year old fair skinned mom of two young kids and hoping and praying for the best.
What were your results on this blue mole? I have one but I have never gotten it check before and it appears to be getting bigger. Please let me know thx