Skin Cancer Community
Brown Mole with Black spots
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Brown Mole with Black spots

I have a history of dyplastic moles. I have had a brown mole for as long as I can remember. I go every 6 months for skin checks based on my history. This brown mole is rather large and my dermatologist always monitors it. I just noticed the other day that it now had brown spots throughout it which it never has. They got me in the office. My doctor wasn't overly concerned (or at least didn't make me think he was) but did take it out. He had to use the largest punch biopsy they had (8 mm) because it was very large. He said he thinks the dark specks/spots were just pores (the mole is was on my areola on breast). It just doesn't make sense. I have had this mole for 20 something years and never noticed pores before. I should get the biopsy results this week. In the meantime I am just trying to prepare myself for the worst. I am already dealing with another rare type tumor so nothing would surprise me at this point. I recently did fertility treatment and wonder if the high estrogen levels could have caused a melanoma (high estrogen levels have been linked to this other tumor I am dealing with right now). What do you all make of the dark black spots in the mole (almost looked like blackheads). Thanks in advance.